Have you ever had questions relating to evaluation like:
- Why do I need to do an evaluation?
- What is a logic model?
- How do I develop an evaluation framework?
- How can I collect useful and relevant data?
Well, this is the place for you!
The REACH Evaluation Toolkit is designed to direct you to useful tools and resources and to give you short, cursory look at evaluation or a long, detailed exploration on various evaluation topics. Check back often as we will be updating this toolkit regularly. Or, if you come across a great tool or resource, please feel free to forward it to Janice Duddy, [email protected].
- Evaluation 101
- Engaging Stakeholders
- Evaluation Design
- Doing the Evaluation
- HIV Evaluation Resources and Tools
- Sharing and Using Findings from the Evaluation
- Evaluation and Ethics
- Evaluation Approaches and Considerations
- Learning more about Evaluation
This workbook is a great resource for individuals and teams working in an evaluation project. It has helpful worksheets, checklists and things to think about as you plan and implement an evaluation. You can download the workbook in Word or as a PDF.
PAN’s Evaluation Primers and Resources:
- Impact Evaluation Primer – This primer will provide you with background knowledge about what impact evaluation is, the purpose it serves, and its benefits.
- Introduction to Realist Evaluation – Realist Evaluation is a theory-based approach that asks “How or why does this work, for whom and in what circumstances?” rather than just “What works?” The goal is to develop a detailed theory on how a program works and unpack the processes that are normally non-observable.
- PAN’s Recommended Kick-Off to Evaluation
PAN also has gathered many additional resources here. If you would like to add anything to this page to share with your colleagues, please feel free to contact Janice Duddy, PAN’s Director of Evaluation and Community-Based Research.
PAN has worked on developing an evaluation resource, including collecting a robust set of outcome indicators, for community-based organizations working on HIV and HCV in BC. You can access this tool and the interactive site for this tool or download a pdf version of the Indicators Technical Report.
Other Evaluation Resources:
- Alice Willard – Evaluation Jitters Part One: Planning for an Evaluation
- Family Health International – Evaluating HIV/AIDS Programs: A Handbook for Program Managers and Decision Makers
- The Health Communication Unit – Online Health Program Planner
- The Pell Institute – The Evaluation Toolkit
- The Journey Continues: Ensuring a Cross-Culturally Compentent Evaluation (The Colorado Trust)
- The Importance of Culture in Evaluation: A Practical Guide for Evaluators (The Colorado Trust)
- Program Evaluation Methods
- PHAC – Program Evaluation Toolkit
- PHAC – Introduction to Program Evaluation
- PHAC – Evaluation Process:
- Innovation Network – Evaluation Plan Workbook
- Innovation Network – Logic Model Workbook
- HFRP – Evaluation & Sustainability
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation – A practical guide to engaging stakeholders in developing evaluation questions
- Imagine Canada – Project Evaluation Guide for Non-profit Organizations
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation – Evaluation Handbook
Program Science Resources:
PAN has developed and gathered number of program science resources: