This webinar will recap some of the highlights of last year’s Summit, a conference for Queer Men’s health hosted by Community Based Research Centre. In its 15th iteration in 2019, the theme was ‘Queering Healthcare Access and Accessibility’ which meant that the Summit was dedicated to talking about what is and isn’t working for Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Two Spirit, and Queer men to access everything needed to live happy, healthy, and supported lives. This webinar will feature some key points as discussed by keynote speakers Andrew Gurza, Disability Awareness consultant, James Makokis, Two Spirit physician with a trans health focused practice, as well as others. We’ll also summarize some of discussion points from the Summit’s keynote panel on ending conversion therapy, or SOGICE (Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Change Efforts.)
This presentation will provide:
- A recap of key presentations featured at Summit 2019—a gathering for Queer Men’s Health.
- Question and Answer period
- Staff and volunteers from organizations dedicated to Gay Men’s Health
- HIV and hepatitis C organization staff and volunteers
- Mental Health service providers
- Social Justice advocates for accessibility, equity, Indigenous Health and Queer Health
- Community members and other allies
Please read this before you register
After registration you should receive an email with the subject line “Confirmation of Registration.” SAVE THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL as it provides your unique link to get into the webinar. Check your Junk folder in email if it doesn’t arrive within an hour.
If you DO NOT receive an email within an hour of registering, please EMAIL [email protected] as soon as you realize this. We won’t be able to provide access to links on the morning of the webinar as we will be setting up.