Interview ends at 35:50, followed by Q/A period.
This webinar recapped highlights of last year’s Summit, a conference for Queer Men’s health hosted by Community Based Research Centre. In its 15th iteration in 2019, the theme was ‘Queering Healthcare Access and Accessibility’ which meant that the Summit was dedicated to talking about what is and isn’t working for Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Two Spirit, and Queer men to access everything needed to live happy, healthy, and supported lives. This webinar featured key points from keynote speakers Andrew Gurza, Disability Awareness consultant, James Makokis, Two Spirit physician with a trans health focused practice, and discussion points from the Summit’s keynote panel on ending conversion therapy, or SOGICE (Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Change Efforts.)
- Staff and volunteers from organizations dedicated to Gay Men’s Health
- HIV and hepatitis C organization staff and volunteers
- Mental Health service providers
- Social Justice advocates for accessibility, equity, Indigenous Health and Queer Health
- Community members and other allies