This webinar focused on CBRC’s Sex Now survey, Canada’s largest and longest-running survey of gay, bi, and queer men’s health (inclusive of trans and Two-Spirit people). Presenter Ben Klassen provided an overview of the survey’s history, questionnaire design and consultation process, and recruitment methods, using the in-person Sex Now 2018 survey (conducted at 15 LGBTQ2+ pride festivals across Canada) and the recently completed online Sex Now 2019 survey as case studies. He presented innovations in mail-home self-collection kits for HIV, HCV and syphilis screening, as used in Sex Now 2019 and highlighted how Sex Now data can work for you by providing a demo of the Our Stats dashboard, sharing the results of our Sex Now 2018 Community Report, and discussing how Sex Now data has been utilized to advance policy change around issues such as blood donation and conversion therapy.
- Staff and volunteers from organizations dedicated to Gay Men’s Health
- HIV and hepatitis C organization staff and volunteers
- Mental Health service providers
- Social Justice advocates for accessibility, equity, Indigenous Health and Queer Health
- Community members and other allies
Learn more about The Rainbow Health Report: Canada’s Parliamentary Study of LGBTQIA2 Health Ben referred to in the webinar.
Contact: [email protected]