Are you an experienced program Coordinator looking for an opportunity working in a great environment while working on exciting projects?
Location: Surrey, British Columbia
Hours: The position is for up to 20 hours/week. Working hours are flexible in terms of days and timing.
Term: The initial contract will go from approximately October 1, 2020 until March 31, 2020 (six months), with possibility of renewal.
Rate of pay: Hourly rate is $20-$24/hour depending on skills and experience.
Job and responsibilities
Recognizing that no single person likely possesses all these skills and experience, the PC will provide support to Afro- Canadian Positive Network of BC (ACPNet) with the following tasks:
- Oversee daily operations of the organization
- Plan and coordinate program activities such as women’s groups, weekend retreats (i.e., logistics of space, travel, equipment, supplies, food, accommodations, and technology)
- Schedule, organize and attend meetings as well as take meeting minutes
- Prepares or assists in preparation of proposal for funding/or funding continuation from funding agencies/sponsors
- Prepares periodic reports, financial statements and records on program activities, progress, status or other special reports for management or outside funding agencies/sponsors.
- Help build and maintain positive relations within the organisation and external parties (funding agencies/sponsors, government agencies, community members)
- Manage and update information on the organization’s website and social media pages
- Represent the organization appropriately in discussions with key stakeholders
Program Coordinator qualifications
- Either relevant work experience or educational training
- Passionate for social change to address health inequities for sub-Saharan African men and women’s communities we work with
- Proven ability to work respectfully with community agencies as well as diverse community members
- Ability to think critically and analytically
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and safeguard confidentiality
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient with electronic technology (hardware, software), especially Microsoft software
- (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Self-identify as a Sub-Saharan African woman – we encourage people to indicate this within their cover letter;
If you are interested in the position, please send a cover letter and resume to Patience Magagula, Executive Director, at [email protected]
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.