This study is funded by the Vancouver Foundation.
A new research study is looking for volunteers to take part in a study of transgender women`s experiences accessing the mental healthcare system.
In order to participate you must meet the following inclusion criteria:
- Self identify as a transgender woman
- Over 19 years of age
- Accessed mental health services in the last 5 years
- Managing medications, addictions and harmful behaviours
- Willing to participate in an interview for approximately 90 minutes
As a research participant in this study, you will be asked to:
- Participate in an initial phone call to ensure inclusion criteria are met
- Participate in a one to one interview for approximately 90 minutes
- Fill out a demographic questionnaire
Your participation will involve 1 session, which will take approximately 90 minutes of your time. All information gathered will be confidential. The information from these interviews will be used to inform a research question for a larger study.
In appreciation for your time, you will receive an honorarium of $50.00.
For more information about this study, or to volunteer for this study, please email
Jodi Gray: [email protected]