The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) is preparing for the planned launch, in Fall 2020, of open solicitations for the HIV and Hepatitis C Community Action Fund (CAF) and the Harm Reduction Fund (HRF). Through the CAF and the HRF, PHAC supports time-limited community-based projects across Canada to reduce HIV, hepatitis C and other sexually transmitted and blood-borne infections (STBBI).
PHAC is hosting virtual sessions with STBBI organizations to outline and seek feedback on the proposed process for the Fall and to confirm the two Funds’ priorities, which were outlined in the Government of Canada Five-Year STBBI Action Plan released last summer. PHAC will also be hosting dedicated sessions with people with living experience as well as Sharing Circles with Indigenous organizations.
Interested organizations from British Columbia and the Yukon are kindly invited to pre-register in one of the two following sessions. You can share this link with other organizations within your province or territory who may be interested in participating as well. If you work for an Indigenous organization and would like to participate in the Sharing Circles, details will be sent in a separate message. You can also contact us at [email protected] to receive the registration links.
|British Columbia/ Yukon – English||June 24 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM Pacific time||https://ca01web.zoom.us/meeting/register/u5Eud-qurjwvHtGTJtAg_o_HDywTA6f-kQmi|
|Multi-jurisdictional – French||June 29 10:30 AM – Noon Pacific time||https://ca01web.zoom.us/meeting/register/u5Uocu6ppj4vG9StJ6W2r-JZBEbP0W_Axl1h|
- Due to COVID-19, all sessions will be held virtually using the Zoom Platform and will include a dial-in by phone option. Further guidance and instructions on the platform will be shared with all registrants to ensure privacy and security.
- Participants will be encouraged to view a pre-recorded webinar that will be circulated in advance of the sessions along with a set of questions we hope to discuss with you. This webinar provides overview on current epidemiological data, proposed fall solicitation process, outlines eligible activities and timelines. Please take the time to review the information contained in this webinar ahead of time as its content will not be presented again by PHAC officials during the virtual sessions to allow sufficient time for dialogue with participants.
- Participants are encouraged to register in the session held in the official language of their choice.
There are a number of resources to support our upcoming discussion. Given the size and number of materials, we have provided a dropbox link where you can access all of the documents for the session: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aoy39ny6xxe5bls/AAAxYfsKDwlEge5QqOLWccz9a?dl=0
These resources include:
- a pre-recorded webinar
- a copy of the webinar presentation
- a list of questions to support and guide our discussion
We have also included a short presentation with instructions for joining and participating in the sessions using Zoom.
We encourage you to view these documents in advance of our scheduled discussion, as they provide important information and context to facilitate the discussions. If you are unable to join us for the engagement session and would still like to submit questions or comments based on the list of questions provided, we invite you to send them to [email protected].
If you have any difficulties accessing the materials via dropbox please send us an email so that we can ensure you receive the appropriate materials for the session.
We look forward to the virtual discussions. Feedback gathered from this and other virtual engagement sessions will inform our approach for the planned Fall CAF and HRF solicitations.