PACE is a peer-driven organization in Vancouver that seeks to reduce the harm and isolation associated with sex work through education, support, and advocacy. We work to increase the health, safety, and empowerment of our members, by respecting their right to self-determination and supporting their self-identified needs.
We are seeking a community driven Co-Executive Director to join and help lead our team! The Co-Executive Director is primarily responsible for representing PACE’s values and mission in the community, including engagement with media, community meetings, and public events. They will report to the PACE Board of Directors, work collaboratively with the other Co-Executive Director, and seek feedback and direction from PACE members and staff.
Job Type: 0.8 FTE (32 hours/ week)
Salary: Starting at $47,000 plus benefits, with the option to re-evaluate compensation at 6 months.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations within the community and utilize those relationships to strategically progress PACE’s mission and vision;
- Represent PACE in community meetings and at public events;
- Oversee and coordinate media requests and public relations;
- Manage PACE social media including PACE newsletter;
- Assist with donor correspondence and attracting donor support;
- Oversee and support PACE’s fundraising committee;
- Coordinate and support the leadership of the Sex Worker Advisory Committee (SWAC);
- Work with PACE board members, staff, SWAC, and members toward the development and implementation of the strategic plan;
- Maintain effective communication with the other Co-Executive Director, Board of Directors, and staff;
- Advocate to change oppressive policies and structures relevant to PACE members;
- Maintain current knowledge of legislation, policies and resources relevant to sex workers;
- Understand and uphold PACE ethics and policy guidelines as per PACE Policy Manual;
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Lived experience in Sex Work;
- Lived experience in other areas relevant to our membership is an asset;
- Experience in public relations, media, and/or social media;
- Experience in Community Development is preferred;
- Leadership experience (including experience in non-traditional and informal leadership roles);
- Team player, ability to take direction from and be accountable to a broad membership and keep marginalized needs at the forefront;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience in conflict management and resolution;
- Ability to set and maintain appropriate boundaries;
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to independently manage a heavy workload, take initiative, report back and be accountable for responsibilities;
- Established network is an asset; ability to leverage partnerships and identify new opportunities;
- Ability to work collaboratively with other organizations in the DTES and broader Sex Work community.
Please note, despite application deadline listed, applications for this position will be accepted on a rolling basis, until the position is filled.
See Charity Village posting for application details.