Medical Director/Advisor .2 FTE
Options for Sexual Health is currently seeking a sexual and reproductive health physician to take on the role of medical director/advisor for the organization. As an important member of the leadership team, this individual must be passionate about advancing sexual and reproductive Health Care from a sex-positive, pro-choice and feminist perspective. This position requires attendance at quarterly meetings in Vancouver, however, the role could easily be fulfilled by someone outside of the Lower Mainland.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a licensed physician in good standing with CPSBC, and maintain that licensure and standing while in this role
- Have expertise and interest in sexual and reproductive health
- Currently provide Clinical Services in an Options for Sexual Health Clinic or commence to do so upon appointment
- Have PHSA/BCWH privileges or be eligible for credentialing and privileges at PHSA/BCWH
- Have a strong interest and ability in policy issues and strategic program development
- Have a track record of effective relations with political and bureaucratic organizations
- Possess project management skills
- Have a familiarity with the organization and partners
- Have a proven track record of positive professional relationships and conduct
- Have a commitment to consultation teamwork and partnership
Comprehensive mentoring and orientation will be available before the current incumbent departs.
Applications are due by January 3, 2020. Please read job posting for complete details and application information.