via the Canadian HIV/AIDS Legal Network
For those who have supported [or have an interest in] the Community Consensus Statement, the Legal Network has provided some links to some important developments and resources in their work to end HIV criminalization. The biggest development, of course, is the federal Justice Committee’s new report, which was released Monday, June 17, and you can see the statement in response below. You’ll also find a link to a new Legal Network short film summarizing the criminalization of people living with HIV in Canada — please share this far and wide!
- Our statement in response to the Justice Committee report — English / French
- The Justice Committee report itself
- Examples of media covering the report — Toronto Star and National Post
- The updated consensus statement — English / French
- Our new HIV criminalization videos in English and French (please share on social media, suggested post caption: End unjust HIV criminalization #HIVcrim #cdnpoli)
- The updated Take Action page on the Canadian Coalition to Reform HIV Criminalization (CCRHC) website where you can encourage your network to get involved