Last month, the Pacific AIDS Network (PAN) promoted the opportunity to unite with almost 100 testing sites, stretching the breadth of our country (‘from sea to sea’) on June 27th, 2019. The Canadian AIDS Society (CAS), in partnership with PAN and many others, is organizing the second annual national HIV Testing Day (see press release) and the community response has already greatly surpassed last year.
So, with a few days to go, we encourage you to promote or share the National HIV Testing Day in any (and every) way you see fit. The value of doing this goes far beyond the day itself, as we try to reach the 1 in 5 people who are unaware that they are living with HIV. Here are the links for you to share:
- Website www.hivtestingday.ca (includes all testing sites)
- Facebook: facebook.com/HIVTestingDay/
- Twitter: twitter.com/hivtestingday
- Instagram: instagram.com/hivtestingday/
Also, please use the #KnowYourStatus hashtag.
At time of writing, BC has the following 11 sites part of the campaign (details and hours here):
- Westshore AVI Health Centre
- HIM In Surrey Health Centre
- HIM on Davie Health Centre
- HIM On the Drive Health Centre
- Keremeos Health Centre
- Living Positive Resource Centre, Okanagan
- Outreach Urban Health
- The Healing Place
- Boville Square
- Southside Health & Wellness Centre
- AIDS Vancouver
If you happen to be involved with a testing site that is open on June 27th but is NOT on the list, then drop everything, and contact Kelly Puddister (CAS) right now!