The Canadian AIDS Society (CAS), in partnership with PAN and others, is looking for local community-based organizations and health authorities to participate in the second annual national HIV Testing Day on June 27th, 2019 (see press release)
Why get involved?
Last year’s national HIV Testing Day was a resounding success. 835 people (including 50+ from BC) were tested across Canada at 69 different testing sites. The initiative was featured in twenty different local, regional, and national media outlets including Global News, CBC News, and La Presse. Due to the national nature of the event, many organizations were able to secure participation from notable figures (including Members of Parliament) who promoted their event on their social media profiles.
What does it involve?
We have four basic criteria for participating organizations to agree to:
- Provide contact information for your organization and the site or sites you will have on HIV Testing Day;
- Share social media related to HIV Testing Day from both the national campaign and from other local and regional events across the country;
- Use the #KnowYourStatus hashtag in promoting your event; and
- Share with CAS the data collected from your HIV Testing Day event, as per the attached data collection form, in a timely and efficient manner.
As part of national HIV Testing Day, you will have access to:
- Promotion of your testing site as part of the national strategy (on the ‘Find a site’ page at www.hivtestingday.ca)
- Promotional posters that can be individualized to promote your local event (ask Kelly)
- A national press release that can be individualized to promote your local event (attached)
- Free point-of-care testing kits and training on how to use them from bioLytical Laboratories, one of the initiative’s main sponsors*
Next Step: Sign on!
If you are interested in participating, please email Kelly Puddister, the National Coordinator of HIV Testing Day, as soon as possible at [email protected]. Please indicate that you accept the four criteria or sign and return the attached participant agreement, as well as listing information for the contact person from your organization. Also, if you are interested in receiving point-of-care testing kits to use during your event, please let Kelly know.