The Dr. Peter AIDS Foundation provides compassionate HIV care for people living with significant health and social issues including mental illness, trauma, addictions, unstable housing and poverty.
Through its day health, 24-hour care residence and enhanced supportive housing programs, the Dr. Peter Centre provides healthy meals, counselling, therapies, nursing, and a safe place for peer socialization and support. This integrated model of care successfully engages individuals in their health care, improving adherence to HIV treatment and overall health.
We are currently searching for an Administrative Assistant to join our team on a full time basis. The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Director of Human Resources.
Position Description and Duties
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Administrative Assistant is an important member of the Administration Department as s/he is often the first point of contact for anyone entering or contacting the Dr. Peter Centre. The Administrative Assistant is not only our receptionist, but is also responsible for general day to day office duties and maintaining excellent client, staff and guest relationships. Multitasking and flexibility is a must in order to meet deadlines and to support many operational functions/activities that may occur concurrently or without notice.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Conducting receptionist duties which includes greeting participants, residents, volunteers and guests as they enter the building, as well as answering the phones/switchboard duties;
- Maintaining excellent relationships with participants, residents, volunteers and staff;
- Responding to client, staff and other requests made at the reception area;
- Responding to general inquiries whether in person, via telephone or email;
- Ordering supplies;
- Filing, photocopying, mailing, faxing and other general office duties;
- Dealing with couriers, delivery drivers and suppliers;
- Word processing and data entry;
- Performing other related duties as assigned/required.
The Administrative Assistant must possess the following competencies:
- Patience and flexibility when dealing with people and problems;
- Ability to remain calm under stressful or challenging situations;
- Dedication to providing excellent support and service;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Detail oriented;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Time management and organizational skills;
- Commitment to task/organization
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
The preferred education, qualifications and experience of the Administrative Assistant are:
- BA in social sciences (or working toward) – sociology, psychology, pre-med, nursing, social work
- Experience with people with mental illness, addiction and/or HIV preferred
- Familiarity with office equipment (photocopiers, fax, postage, etc);
- Familiarity with Excel & Word;
- Familiarity with MS SharePoint
Application deadline April 18th. See complete job posting and how to apply.