Updated Janaury 21,2019:
The Public Health Agency of Canada has called a meeting of the STBBI stakeholders for January 31, which includes many of our members and almost all of the members of our AHC Executive Committee. As a result, we are rescheduling our Annual Members Meeting to February 5, 2019 at 9:30 AM Pacific Time/ 12:30 PM Eastern Time
Notice to Members of Action Hepatitis Canada: Annual General Meeting
January 31, 2019 | 9:30 AM Pacific Time/ 12:30 PM Eastern Time
Please set aside time to join us to review the successes and learnings of 2018, and plans for 2019. This is a great chance to ask questions and let us know how we can help you best in your hepatitis advocacy work.
Call in details will be sent out closer to the date.
Call for Nominations to the Steering Committee
If you would like to put forward your organization as a nominee for the Steering Committee, please do so via email to [email protected] no later than January 15th.
• The AHC Steering Committee is to be comprised of no less than 8 and no more than 12 member organizations.
• The AHC Secretariat has one reserved seat on the Steering Committee. As of January 1, 2019, this role is moving to CAPAHC. CAPAHC is represented by Laurence Mersilian.
• Steering Committee member organizations are elected for 2-year terms. The Gilbert Centre (represented by Colin Green), Positive Living Fraser Valley (represented by Kari Hackett) and AIDS Saskatoon (represented by Jason Mercredi) all have 1 year remaining on their 2-year term as they were newly elected in 2018.
• The other 8 seats on the Steering Committee are currently filled by member organizations who have been there for more than 2 years, so they are able to put their organization forward for re-election, along with any other member organizations who would like to be considered for election by the membership.
• If there are 8 or fewer nominees for the 8 remaining seats, the membership will vote to accept the proposed Steering Committee slate at the AGM.
• Should there be more than 8 nominees, an online vote will be required ahead of the AGM, with the 2019 Steering Committee being announced at the AGM.