Centre for Indigenous Research and Community-Led Engagement (CIRCLE),
University of Victoria
Administrative Coordinator Position
The Centre for Indigenous Research and Community-Led Engagement (CIRCLE), University of Victoria is seeking an Administrative Coordinator to ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the Centre, work with other staff and faculty and support the Director. The successful candidate will perform a number of functions related to reception, clerical, communications, grant writing and project support.
This is a part-time, one-year position with the possibility of renewal. Application deadline is December 19, 2018 at Midnight. Please email a cover letter and resume to the email address below.
- Undergraduate degree (minimum)
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience in research and grant writing
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs for:
- Word processing
- Adobe Acrobat Pro and Adobe Spark or Adobe InDesign
- Website maintenance skills is an asset
- Basic bookkeeping is an asset
- UVIC administrative experience is an asset
- Proficiency in the use of office equipment (computer, fax, scanner)
- 1-3 years’ experience in an office setting
- Experience working in Indigenous contexts
- Experience working in a research or university environment is an asset
Part time position: $20,000 – $25,000/ year – depending on qualifications with potential for full time employment.
Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates.
Please email a cover letter and resume to:
Heidi Kiiwetinepinesiik Stark
Director, Centre for Indigenous Research and Community-Led Engagement