About the Role
This position will be responsible for directly supporting the main goals of the Community Based Research (CBR) Collaborative in Alberta namely: a) coordinating CBR efforts, b) building CBR capacity, c) providing infrastructure for funding and program success, and d) promoting KTE and learning for impact. This role works collaboratively within and across the Alberta region to achieve local and provincial goals.
- Foster and strengthen a collaborative, inter-sectoral regional team of researchers, community-based organizations, academic institutions, government policy-makers and people living with HIV that will provide leadership in CBR across Alberta.
- Collaborate, share CBR resources, and exchange knowledge and skills with other communities and researchers working in parallel fields.
- Create new knowledge and facilitate evidence relevant to communities to inform policy and practice
- Collaborate with national and regional HIV/AIDS and harm reduction organizations and networks of people with lived experience to enhance CBR capacity and impact at a regional level
- Host workshops and training, facilitate Peer Research Associate events and trainings, and lead knowledge translation strategies
- Support strategic research programs that succeed in securing research funding
- Provide infrastructure support, training, and capacity and skills building for project stakeholders such as: CBR proposal development, process evaluations, grant writing, research grant administration, and ethics applications.
- Collaborate, share CBR resources, and exchange knowledge and skills with communities and researchers
- Move research into action, develop social marketing framework, and collaborate with community members in mobilizing research findings.
- Master’s Degree or Equivalent Post Graduate Studies ie: CPA
- 6 -12 months experience required
- Experience working within the community and dealing with marginalized groups affected by HIV
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit clearly and engagingly, particularly in communicating to diverse audiences through writing for the web.
- Excellent organizational skills with experience in dealing with a wide variety of demands
- Strong time management skills and the ability to assess and manage priorities in line with deadlines.
- Employ sound judgment, professionalism and the ability to complete tasks with little supervision and the confidence to be proactive.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Competition will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
For more information and application details, read the entire job posting