Job Title: Interim Executive Director
Term: Four months
Reports To: Board of Directors
Location: Kelowna, BC
Living Positive Resource Centre is recruiting for an Interim Executive Director for a contract position not exceeding four months. A permanent position will be posted during that period. The successful candidate for the interim position will be eligible to apply for the permanent position.
The Executive Director is responsible for establishing and executing major goals and objectives for the Society through implementation of policies established by the Board of Directors.
Mission of the Organization:
To provide prevention, education, and support services, with a focus on wellness, to anyone living with, affected by, or at risk of HIV, hepatitis C, or other blood-borne infections. Please refer to the LPRC Website for further information on programs and services.
The Executive Director is responsible and accountable for providing leadership in all aspects of the operation of the Living Positive Resource Centre to ensure that the strategic objectives and operational plans of the organization are carried out.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Initial focus on assisting the board carry out strategic plan
- The Executive Director may, at any time, step in and assist with or lead all front-line services when employees are otherwise engaged
- Represent the organization to regulatory bodies, other agencies, community and civic organizations, donors, funders, key stakeholders, and the public.
- Leadership of human resources including staffing plans, recruitment and performance reviews
- Resource acquisition and allocation
- Program development
- Communications and relationships with other key stakeholders such as government agencies, community agencies, regional health boards
- Financial management, including maintaining financial records and ensuring operations expenses meet existing funding
- All activities related to fund development
Application Deadline: July 12, 2018 Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted