Adding to resources for those dealing with the ongoing challenges of the overdose crisis, we are pleased to direct members to a series of videos from the Community Action Initiative that are available to view on-demand. They feature Vikki Reynolds in short videos you can watch all at once in under an hour or in 5-15 minute time slots in between emails.
Vikki responds to the opioid epidemic with a social justice perspective. She outlines ways to understand and approach the effects of working through this crisis with a viewpoint that is different from the concepts of vicarious trauma or burnout.
PAN has been working with Vikki at Regional training events to support PAN member groups in facing the challenges of the overdose crisis and can vouch for these great pieces.
A series of videos are also in development through the Mobile Response Team (MRT) and we will be sharing these once they become available (late May or early June). The MRT sponsored videos will be accompanied by a companion workbook.
- Resisting Burnout with Justice Doing
- Centering Connection and Clients in Worker ‘Burnout’: Connection/Disconnection/Enmeshment and the Zone of Fabulousness
- Resisting Disconnection and Enmeshment: The Zone of Fabulousness and Resisting Zone Slippage
- Creating Cultures of Collective Accountability
- Debriefing with Collective Care
Visit the Community Action Initiative to view the videos.
Questions? Feedback? Get in touch!
Janet Madsen, Capacity Building and Knowledge Translation Coordinator, [email protected]