The Dr. Peter AIDS Foundation provides compassionate HIV care for people living with significant health and social issues including mental illness, trauma, addictions, unstable housing and poverty.
Through its day health, 24-hour care residence and enhanced supportive housing programs, the Dr. Peter Centre provides healthy meals, counselling, therapies, nursing, and a safe place for peer socialization and support. This integrated model of care successfully engages individuals in their health care, improving adherence to HIV treatment and overall health.
We are currenlty looking for a Knowledge Translation Officer to join our Research and Evaluation Team.
Position Description and Duties
This position reports to the Knowledge Translation & Evaluation Coordinator and operates within an evaluation and knowledge translation (KT) team which engages in capacity building and knowledge exchange initiatives with national and international partners and stakeholders.
The Knowledge Translation Officer is responsible for the following:
- Developing plain language summaries about clinical, research, and evaluation material;
- Drafting, assembling, and submitting research and evaluation grant submissions (with input from content experts);
- Stewarding relationships with national partners and stakeholders;
- Drafting presentations for internal and external audiences;
- Reviewing and editing documents (e.g., reports and training modules);
- Coordinating tours of the Dr. Peter Centre and subsequent follow-up;
- Assisting in workflow strategies and team due date management;
- Assisting in the development and upkeep of an extranet for external stakeholders;
- Assisting the Clinical Director to update clinical policy and procedure templates;
- Excellent writing, analytical, and critical thinking skills are essential;
- Strong verbal communication skills;
- Proven proficiency of professional writing experience including successful proposals or other technical writing experience;
- Candidates must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly-organized;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to quickly assess priorities and respond accordingly.
General Working Conditions:
This position requires flexibility and the ability to prioritize workload, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment where demands and deadlines may change with short notice. Multitasking and flexibility is a must in order to meet deadlines, and to support many activities that may occur concurrently or without notice. Evening and weekend work may be required.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
The preferred education, qualifications and experience of the Knowledge Translation Officer are:
- Masters preferred or Bachelors with 3-5 years of relevant experience in one of the following or related fields: public health, community health, sciences, social sciences, public administration, public policy, sociology, epidemiology, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
Application Deadline April 24
We thank all applicants for your interest. Regretfully, we are not able to respond to phone calls or email inquiries and, we are only able to respond to applicants who are being considered for an interview.