There is a lack of safe, non‐judgmental & confidential sexual health and sexually transmitted infection (STI) services (prevention, testing, & treatment) within Interior BC for people who:
1) Do not have a healthcare provider;
2) Do not feel comfortable discussing their sexuality with the healthcare provider they have;
3) Do not feel comfortable discussing their gender identity with the healthcare provider they have;
4) Live in rural and remote areas with limited access to confidential healthcare;
5) Do not have a healthcare number (tourists, immigrants, etc.)
We, Interior BC citizens, petition for increased sexual health & STI services that are safe, non‐judgmental & confidential.
* This is a non‐confidential petition, all information to be submitted to the Interior Health Authority
*Avaaz servers are housed in the United States. If you prefer to sign a physical copy of the petition, please visit https://www.facebook.com/pg/InteriorSHI/about/ under our ‘STORY’ You must log into Facebook to see this information.
Petition sponsored by: ANKORS, ASK Wellness Society, Community‐Based Research Centre, Kelowna District Pro‐Choice Society, Living Positive Resource Centre, Men’s Health Initiative, Okanagan College Student’s Union, Options for Sexual Health, Pacific AIDS Network, and UBCSUO Pride Resource Centre