Dr. Peter seeks a Communications Officer.
As a member of the Philanthropy & Communications team, the Communications Officer is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating the communications plan to help achieve the goals and objectives of the strategic plan of the Dr. Peter AIDS Foundation.
The Communications Officer reports to the Director of Development and is responsible for the following:
- Developing, implementing and evaluating a comprehensive and integrated communications plan that supports the strategic plan of the Foundation;
- Facilitating media relations, public relations and government relations;
- Designing the foundation website, e-blasts, annual reports, newsletters, brochures, and other collateral marketing and communications materials;
- Developing social media messaging and keeping all online communications portals and other electronic tools current and up to date;
- Identifying and interviewing subjects for articles, testimonials and videos;
- Scheduling and briefing subjects for media interviews;
- Preparing press releases, organizational correspondence, briefing notes, reports, presentations, stewardship cards, committee agendas and minutes;
- Delivering a public/media event for World AIDS Day;
- Applying for awards and recognition opportunities without a monetary component;
- Stewarding prospects, media, clients, staff and volunteers appropriately;
- Developing efficient, effective and appropriate procedures;
- Reporting on communications plan progress to the Director of Development and the Communications Committee;
- Scheduling Communications Committee meetings in collaboration with the Committee Chair and the Director of Development;
- Contributing to an environment of collaboration, respect and teamwork;
- Representing the Dr. Peter AIDS Foundation and the Dr. Peter Centre in a professional and ethical manner to ensure that the reputation of the Foundation is maintained and enhanced;
- Conducting all business activities in accordance with Dr. Peter Foundation terms and conditions of employment, policies and procedures;
- Performing other related duties as assigned/required.
Deadline for applications is December 29.