Blood Ties Four Directions Centre is looking for an energetic and passionate
Rural Partnership Coordinator
If you’re interested in the field of Community & Sexual Health, HIV, HepC & Harm Reduction we’re interested in you!
Focusing on rural Indigenous community & sexual health programs with an emphasis in HIV/AIDS, HepC, Harm Reduction, and sexual health education you will:
- Design, develop and deliver prevention education workshops and events in rural Yukon communities;
Coordinate and engage with rural Yukon Community Health Coordinators and Health Directors to deliver workshops;
- Engage with rural Yukon community leadership and engage with community stakeholders to achieve health promotion outcomes;
- Deliver front line advocacy, support and harm reduction programs
The ideal candidate has:
- Experience delivering health education programs in workshops or classroom setting;
- Experience developing community or sexual health programs;
- Knowledge of HIV & STI’s, Hepatitis C and Harm Reduction;
- A solid understanding of the social determinants of health and their impact on Indigenous communities;
- Cultural competence in relation to First Nation people;
- Communication, organizational and planning skills;
- Post-secondary training in a relevant field
We offer: a dynamic collaborative work environment, $22.86 to $25.94 per hour and generous benefits package. This position requires extensive travel to rural Yukon communities.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Patricia Bacon: [email protected]
by Friday November 24, 2017
Your cover letter and resume should highlight all relevant skills and experience.