The Canadian Association for HIV Research (CAHR) has launched the 2018 CAHR – CANFAR Excellence in Research Awards. This program is intended to “highlight and celebrate the contributions of Canadian researchers in HIV/AIDS research in Canada and internationally”, and includes community-based researchers. Up to five awards are awarded each year at the CAHR conference; the 2018 CAHR conference will be April 26-29th in Vancouver.
The application deadline is February 2, 2018.
Curious About Eligibility Criteria?
The following information comes from the Information Package and Checklist, which is available on the CAHR-CANFAR Excellence in Research Awards page. Please consult CAHR’s information for complete details about the nominations and awards process.
- At the time of application, the nominee must have five to fifteen years of research experience working as an independent or Principal Investigator (i.e. since faculty appointment if in academia).
- The nominee must be a faculty member at a Canadian university and/or independent researcher at a Canadian institution involved in research. We also welcome nominations of organizational employees who are working primarily as researchers.
- No self-nominations will be accepted. A second party must nominate a nominee.
- Award winners must attend the next annual CAHR conference, and in particular the Awards Ceremony. Prior to submitting a nomination, please confirm with your nominee that they are available to attend the conference in its entirety.
- For the CAHR-CANFAR Excellence in Research Award for community-based research, eligible candidates must be aligned with the CIHR definition of community-based research.
For complete information about the award and the nomination process, visit the Award Page on the CAHR website and download the nomination package.