Our colleagues at CATIE have distributed the following information to remind organizations of resources available for World Hepatitis Day.
World Hepatitis Day is coming up on July 28, 2017. Whether you are already engaged in hepatitis C work or if you are looking to build your capacity in this area, CATIE has resources to help you prepare.
Here are five ways we can help:
1. You can order resources from the CATIE Ordering Centre online or by calling 1-800-263-1638. Check out our list of suggested print resources on hepatitis C prevention, testing, treatment and healthy living, delivered to organizations across Canada for free. Be sure to place your order by Friday, July 14 to have your resources delivered in time for World Hepatitis Day.
2. We have released a new article for World Hepatitis Day 2017: Let’s get the news out about hepatitis C treatment: Access is up and cure rates are high. You can help raise awareness by sharing our article on your Facebook page, Twitter account, newsletter or blog. Please e-mail us to let us know if you republish the article or link to it on our website.
3. Visit CATIE’s World Hepatitis Day web page. We have a list of suggested resources, a brief history of hepatitis C in Canada, and links to educational information for you and your clients.
4. CATIE is hosting a webinar on July 26 that will review some of the major Hep C developments of 2017. Participants will hear from health-care providers about how changes in treatment access are affecting frontline realities. Register to reserve your spot!
5. CATIE has worked with newcomer communities to develop a suite of accessible Hep C resources in multiple languages, including a website, brochures and puzzles. CATIE now has Hep C information in English, French, Arabic, Bengali, Hindi, Punjabi, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Tagalog, Tamil, Urdu and Vietnamese! Want to build your organization’s capacity to address immigrant health issues including hepatitis C? Get in touch with CATIE’s Knowledge Broker Fozia Tanveer at 1-800-263-1638 ext. 241 or [email protected].
I hope that these resources will be helpful to you as we plan for World Hepatitis Day together. If there is anything else CATIE can do to help you prepare, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Coordinator, Community Relations and Social Marketing