Banff (March 16-18, 2014)
CAHR is pleased to announce that registration is now open for the first ever Mid-Career level HIV Researcher Workshop. This workshop will be held in partnership with Canadian HIV Vaccine Initiative Alliance Coordinating Office, the Canadian Institutes of Health Research and the Canadian Foundation for AIDS Research.
This workshop is co-chaired by Drs. Curtis Cooper (Ottawa), Mathias Götte (McGill), and Carol Strike (Toronto).
Individuals wishing to attend the Mid-Career level HIV Researcher Workshop must apply to the Canadian Association for HIV Research. Registration will be open to HIV researchers from all tracks who meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen or a landed immigrant
- Focus their area of research in HIV or HIV Co-Infection
- Applicants must be mid-career HIV researchers with 3 to 12 years of experience past their last qualifying degree at the time of application.
The following must be included in the application:
- Letter of request indicating reasons for attending the Mid Career Development Workshop (max 200 words)
- A 2 page bio sketch, using NIH format. Please click here for link.
The drafted workshop agenda is posted on the CAHR website for your reference, HERE
Event details are as follows:
Date: Sunday March 16 – Tuesday March 18. Sessions will run from 7am -11:45am and 7pm – 8:30pm
Location: Buffalo Mountain Lodge, Banff, AB
Cost: Registration for the workshop is $100. This includes 3 nights’ accommodation at the Buffalo Mountain Lodge, all workshop materials, and food throughout the meeting.
*Note that participants will be expected to cover their own travel costs to the meeting*