BC Women’s Hospital Oak Tree Clinic is seeking a peer support group facilitator to join our Peer Support program. The intention of this position is to co-facilitate a monthly Peer Support Group for women living with HIV/AIDS at BC Women’s Hospital in Vancouver. The Peer facilitator’s role is to encourage women to explore and discuss the challenges of living with HIV as well as other life issues. A monthly honorarium will be provided.
* Have training and/or experience facilitating a peer support group
* Have good leadership skills
* Have good listening skills
* Be able to foster a group environment that is supportive, welcoming and non-judgmental
* Knowledge of HIV/AIDS
* Knowledge of HIV organizations and resources
* Knowledge of community resources
* Willingness to work collaboratively
* Able to commit to 2-3 hrs per month and attend a planning meeting 4 times per year
* Willing to set-up and clean-up after each group
* Willing to write a report for each group
Application Deadline Friday, April 14, 2017
Fax or email a one page description of you and your qualifications to Jane Cameron at the Oak Tree Clinic: Fax: 604-875-3063 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org Short listed applicants will be contacted to attend an interview. For further information contact Jane at 604-875-3755.